On My Own
Living on your own takes more than determination. It takes a careful balance of discipline and planning. You’re faced with landing a secure job, choosing an affordable home, and budgeting your dollars so you can enjoy your new-found freedom.
Whether this is your first time leaving home or not, Louisiana FCU can help get started in your new situation:
Get your accounts together
- Open a checking account. We offer free checking, interest-bearing checking, and business checking
- Open a club savings account. Make this your “rainy day” savings for those unexpected expenses or emergencies
- FREE Online Banking. Do your banking when you want to-day or night
- FREE Bill Pay. Manage your bills online. Save the stamps
- Open an IRA. Now that you’re on your own, start putting away money for retirement
Decreasing your overall debt or lowering your interest rates are ways to increase your cash flow.
- Signature Loans. Combine your balances into one manageable payment
- Home Equity Loans. For larger balances or longer terms, consolidate debt this way
- Financial Education. Call our specialized Financial Resource Coordinators at (985) 652-4990 x1711 to help you through your debt process
Most individuals starting out on their own ask this question, “How can I establish credit?”
Buy a Home
Louisiana FCU has a professional Mortgage Department that can help you find the right loan for your home purchase.
Buy a Car
Since we’re a not-for-profit, our auto rates are lower than our competitors.