Board of Directors Volunteer
Each member of the nine-member Board of Directors is elected by the membership to serve a three-year term. The Board sets the policy and directs Management in the overall running of the Credit Union.
Current Board of Directors
|Harold (Budd) Manuel||Chairman|
|William (Bill) Collins||1st Vice Chair|
|Jeff Lind||2nd Vice Chair|
|Greg (Za) Maurin||Director|
|Zigmund (Ziggy) Sobolewski||Director|
- Attend and actively participate in monthly Board meetings and the annual planning session.
- Make strategic decisions regarding the course of action for the Credit Union by establishing objectives, formulating policy and approving goals and programs.
- Set rates on savings and loan products. Establish pricing policy on member services and fees.
- Hire, terminate and evaluate the Credit Union's president.
- Approve annual budget as recommended by management.
- Participate in standing committees as appointed by the Board chair.
- Ensure that the Credit Union meets all federal and state regulations and guidelines.
- Monitor activities of and appointments to the Supervisory Committee.
- Maintain, review and update the Credit Union bylaws.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all Credit Union business.
- Thoroughly review Board packets prior to each Board meeting.
- Routinely review the Board Policy Manual.
- Fulfill yearly educational requirements. (See educational requirements)
- Be aware of state and federal political issues regarding the credit union movement.
- Give all assistance possible to fellow board members, appointed officers and employees of the Credit Union in the discharge of the duties of their offices.
- Disclose possible conflicts of interest and refrain from voting on issues related to the conflict.
- Attend monthly Board meetings. (See required meeting)
Educational Requirements (to run for Election)
- Must complete 3 Volunteer Achievement Program (VAP) modules no later than December 1 of the year previous to the election.
- Must complete 9 Volunteer Achievement Program (VAP) modules no later than December 1 of the year elected.
Educational Requirements (once elected)
- 24 credit hours are required to be accumulated within each year of the term. Of the 24 credit hours required, 9 must be from course work. Other sources of credit hours include meetings, seminars, and conferences approved by the Volunteer Development Committee.
- 1st Year directors may attend the CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference (GAC) if the required 24 credit hours are completed in the third year of term as an incumbent or prior to attending the conference as a new director.
- To be eligible to attend a second year education conference, 24 credit hours must be completed in the 1st year of the term. In order to attend a third year national conference, 24 credit hours must be completed in the 2nd year of the term.
- Monthly Board meetings – currently held on the fourth Wednesday of the month in the credit union’s conference room. The meetings begin at 3:30pm.
- Annual Meeting of the Membership – generally held in March or April.
- Annual Strategic Planning Session – currently held in July or August.
- Other assigned committee meetings – generally held monthly in the credit union’s conference room. Dates vary depending on the specific committee.